Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sign-Ups: Week 1

This past week has been great! My friends have been so supportive and have really helped by putting the word out there.

I have already had quite a few guys sign up, even though this crazy project is still 3 weeks away. I get this extremely giddy feeling every time a new guy signs up - So Fun!!!

My friends, family and total strangers have started following me on facebook, twitter and this blog. Along with that, they've also had numerous questions. I'll answer a few of them here:

  • Why do you ask if the guy is LDS? I'm not an expert, but I believe that in any relationship, one of the most sensitive subjects can be religion. My religion is very important to me. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, also known as "LDS" or "Mormon". I feel like I'm a pretty flexible person. I learn to appreciate new things all the time. But religion is one thing I will never bend on. My religion is the core of who I am. I want to be in a relationship with someone who shares my core beliefs. I have nothing against other religions. In fact, I find religion in general to be fascinating and I love learning about other religions. I just don't want to walk into a relationship with a potential and almost certain fight. So that's why I limit myself to dating within my own religion.

  • What happens if you don't get enough guys? If I don't get 25 guys to sign up, I will call on two of my best friends to help me out. These boys have been there for me every time I need a date for anything and they have already agreed to be there once again if I need them. :)

  • Who are the guys that have signed up? I have been debating if I should introduce everyone to the guys who have signed up before making the schedule. My initial feeling was no. But . . . ah, what the heck! . . . let's put it to a vote! I've created an official ballot in the sidebar, so cast your vote! By this time next Tuesday, we'll see if you get to meet the guys before the dates. Exciting!

1 comment:

Staci said...

Bek's - Those are FANTASTIC pictures! You look great! I voted on meeting the guys before hand and voted no because I think the guys need to vote on that. Maybe some of the guys (maybe those that are more shy) will be turned away by the idea that they are going to be "advertised" before hand. I know if the roles were reversed, I would probably not sign up if I knew I was going to be featured before hand. Just my opinion.