Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Andrew Winegar

I have a horrible confession. For some reason unbeknownst to me, before our date I decided that I wasn't going to like Andrew. I thought that he was probably an arrogant jerk. I honestly don't know why I thought this, but I did and I feel terrible about it. I couldn't have been more wrong!

Andrew came to my place to pick me up and he was looking so cute in his cowboy boots! We drove down to Pei Wei for dinner where we talked about all sorts of stuff. Andrew told me all about his family and their love for old board games like scrabble. Andrew also mentioned that he loves to hunt and do just about anything outdoors. Another thing we talked about was one of Andrew's past relationships. Without sharing too much of Andrew's personal life, I can tell you that he is an incredibly decent guy. A few years ago, Andrew's fiance suddenly passed away. I can't even imagine going through something like that. We talked about eternal perspective and how sometimes you need to just have faith that everything is going to work itself out in the end.

After dinner, we continued our conversation in the car on our way to the hockey game. Andrew knows a bunch of my buddies and was good friends with my brother, Zo, during high school. We had a lot of fun reminiscing about the old days and sharing lots of funny stories. I was telling Andrew about my brother's fear of rats and I couldn't control my laughing. It's entirely possible that I snorted at one point but I couldn't tell because I was laughing so hard. I know for a fact that I started to cry. I probably should have been embarrassed by this, but I wasn't. I was completely comfortable laughing that hard around Andrew.

During the hockey game I introduced Andrew to a little thing called Words With Friends. I thought he would really enjoy this game since he loves to play scrabble with his family. Neither one of us are incredibly proud of what I'm about to tell you, but it was part of the date so I figure I gotta. Andrew and I spent the entire 3rd period of that hockey game playing Words With Friends with each other. Nerds!!!! ha ha ha

After the game we went back to Andrews house because I asked him to show me his place. He is remodeling the entire thing! He finished the top floor in 3 months and is now working on the basement. It is beautiful! I was so ultra impressed. I would love to remodel my place but I have no idea what I'm doing and I also lack a little thing I like to call cash. I'm incredibly envious of Andrew's skills.

We ended the date by driving back to my house where Andrew gave me a hug good night. I stood there staring at him for a moment, thinking to myself "how could I be SO wrong about him?" Andrew could possibly be the most down-to-earth guy I have gone out with yet. And that's saying something! You've seen how great the guys have been.

If Andrew and I get the chance to go out again, this is what I propose - if I beat Andrew at our WWF game, he has to plan a super great second date. If Andrew beats me, I'll do it. Deal?



2 comments:

Josh said...

The date sounded nice and that's great for you, but what I can't understand is why you were laughing about the rat epidemic. Seriously Beks, I would have expected a little more maturity from you concerning the gravity of the situation.

Zo said...

I love Winnie. He is one of the sexiest beasts of all time. Ever. I had no idea he was one of the guys, I would have gone out with him.