Thursday, March 3, 2011

Jake Tripp

Jake started out the date by taking me to one of my favorite restaurants, Texas Roadhouse. The rolls are Amazing!!

We discussed our jobs, Jake works for IHC, and we discussed a bunch of things we like to do. One thing that Jake and I have in common is that we both went to Hawaii for the first time last fall. We had a great time talking about everything we love about Hawaii. Jake mentioned snorkeling and I mentioned Boots & Kimos banana pancakes with macadamia nut sauce. Then Jake told me about spending time with his super cute niece on the beach and I told him about Matsumoto's shaved ice. Every time he had a cool story about Hawaii, I countered with my favorite places to eat. Ha ha - classic Bekah. Jake is going back to Hawaii with his family later this month and I am more than just a little jealous. Maybe he'll send me something from Tom's Bakery. ;)

After dinner we headed over to Barnes & Noble and I'll be honest, it really threw me for a loop because, well, what were we going to do at Barnes & Noble? Read next to each other? Nope! Jake had a super fun game hidden up his sleeve. We had a scavenger hunt of our favorite books in a variety of genres. Then we met in a quiet corner of the store to show each other our findings.

Jake is such an interesting person. He seems to have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. Most of the books he picked were subjects or people he wanted to learn more about. You may not be able to judge a book by it's cover, but I think you can tell who a person is by the kind of books they choose to read. I feel like it's possible that Jake far surpasses me in the intelligence category. Good job Jake, you've won this round.

Jake was the perfect gentleman throughout the entire evening and I had a completely lovely time with him. Such a creative date! I wonder if I could match his date creativity skills if we are fortunate to see each other again. Challenge accepted!





3 comments:

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

Mmmmm....Motsumoto! I miss Hawaii's food! I'm jealous of Jake as well! I seriously want to go back just for the food...and Waimea Bay. I also love Barnes & Noble! Smart guys are hot, though sometimes Scott is too smart and I want to tape his mouth shut :-) It didn't sound like you wanted to tape his mouth shut though. Glad you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

I love the book game! You look so cute on both of your dates!!

dre said...

Book game is a great idea. Smart and fun!