Monday, March 7, 2011

Spencer Sorensen

What is the best cure for a hectic morning? Spencer Sorensen!



Spencer was such a fun lunch date today. He picked me up at my office and took me to the Mediterranean Market. I had never been there before but I've driven past it several times, always interested. It reminded me of Tony Caputo's and Siegfrieds Deli downtown - two of my favorite places to eat lunch. And let me tell you what - the Mediterranean Market definitely does not disappoint. Delish!


Spencer and I had a very interesting conversation during lunch. He told me that he was stepping way out of his comfort zone by even doing this project but that he wanted to do it because he wants to make dating more of a priority in his life. He's done with the school thing and now that he has the job thing figured out, he wants to move forward with the dating part of his life. I find this extremely fascinating because in talking with people from my parents generation, they'll tell you that dating and marriage was definitely a priority for them. I would love to know when that priority switched for our generation. When did it become more important to finish school and get a career on your own rather than struggle through that time of your life with your partner? Spencer's answer to this question was that he just didn't think he could support a family unless he had his life figured out first. I think a lot of us feel that way. That we have to be completely prepared for marriage before we start seriously dating.

I'm so impressed with Spencer. That he put himself all the way out there and was completely honest with his intentions.


Now, I don't want you to think that our lunch conversation was only about this serious stuff - that would make for a pretty boring lunch. Spencer and I most definitely did not have a boring lunch. How could we with Spencer's great sense of humor. He kept me laughing even through all of the serious stuff. Not a lot of people can do that!



Spencer also told me about his upcoming adventures of scoring a internship with a golf-related company in . . . wait for it . . . Pebble Beach!!! You can go ahead and be jealous now. I know I am! He starts his six month life of luxury in April and I am so excited for him.



I hope that if Spencer and I go on a second date, and it turns into something more, he'll help me improve my golf game in sunny California. What do ya say, Spence? :)



1 comment:

dre said...

Ah I love that place! I ate there today!!!

Turkey Pesto hot sandwich is the regular for me!