Friday, March 25, 2011

Justin Dickey

Before our date, Justin sent me a text message saying that this would be the most ADHD date I have ever been on. He wasn't kidding! :)

Justin had a super creative idea for our date. The Date Bucket List. He decided to study up on my blog and pick one thing to do from each of the 24 previous dates, then quiz me on whose date it came from. Let's see how all of you do. I'll give a prize to the first person who gets them all right.

Justin started out the date by picking me up at my place and giving me a great big hug then demanding full disclosure. Then we walked out to our car where a birthday present was waiting on my seat. The birthday present was an R2D2 action figure. Awesome! We had to decide what to do first so Justin asked me to choose one of his pockets. Justin pulled a piece of paper that said FOOD out of his right pant pocket. We then drove down south to keep checking things off our Date Bucket List. During our drive, Justin and I talked about past relationships as well as lots of other things.

We made it to In N Out in no time where we ordered a couple of burgers. Justin kept each part of the date a secret so I wouldn't guess before we got there. It was so much fun! After a quick dinner, we drove to a neighborhood park where we put on a couple of Jazz jackets and used the new geocaching app on Justin's phone to find a hidden treasure. Very clever!

Next up, Justin took me for a walk around Ikea. Then we stopped by Barnes & Noble to play a fun game where we had to pick a book that describes each other and one that describes ourselves. For Justin, I picked a wrestling book because he spent his childhood and teenage years wrestling. He picked a travel atlas for me because I love to travel. I actually really loved that game - it was so fun to see that we were both paying attention during this whirlwind of a date. After the book game we ran over to Sports Authority for a quick game of golf.

It's not over yet. Justin then introduced me to a couple of his friends when we stopped by their house to play two games of ping pong. Those games really made me thirsty, so I guess it's a good thing the next stop was Justin's house. He set up a little taste testing game for me. He bought 8 different kinds of Root Beer and I had to try to guess each one. I failed miserably. I didn't get a single guess right. Justin, however, got 3 out of the 8 drinks correct. It's hard! I was so angry with myself that I had failed that test, so Justin let me use his airsoft gun to take all of my aggression out on some disposable cups. I felt much better after that. :)

Justin put on some of his favorite music while we made super good guacamole and s'mores. I love that Justin is so well rounded with his music collection. I don't know a lot of guys who can listen to a song from the Hairspray soundtrack and the jump right into the Dropkick Murphy's.

On our way to get some dessert at Nielsen's Frozen Custard, we played Words With Friends on our phones. Unfortunately, Nielsen's was closed by the time we got there, but that was alright with me. I was already stuffed! Justin drove me home and before we said good night, we got in a few good rounds of Guess Who, one of my favorite childhood "board"games, and quite fitting for tonight. Wouldn't you say? :)

I really didn't think he'd be able to pull it off. I mean, 24 dates all wrapped up into one, who could possibly do that?! Justin Dickey, that's who!

Justin completely wore me out with this date. After we said good night I immediately jumped into my pj's. Then I got a text from Justin reminding me that we were supposed to take a picture and that he was running up my stairs right then.

I had SO much fun with Justin and I can't wait for the chance to plan a date for him. It might not be as "ADHD" as Justin's, but I'll do my best. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so awesome to combine all your dates into one fun creative one! I can see why you picked him for a second date. So excited with your picks by the way!

Vanessa said...

Wow! What a whirlwind date! Maybe if I have time I'll pair up all the dates! I wanna win a prize! ;)

And I love love love that this pic is in your jammies! So natural and happy!