Monday, March 14, 2011

Nathan Bingham

Nate had texted me earlier in the week to see if he could cook dinner for me at my place and I thought that was a great plan. Who doesn't love a good home cooked Sunday dinner?
I thought I would have a few minutes to change my clothes after working at the Home Show all day, but Nate made the trek from Provo to Bountiful in record time and beat me home by just a few seconds. He was nice enough to wait for me to put my comfy jeans on and then he was even nicer to walk back down to my car with me to carry in a heavy box. I try to avoid heavy lifting if there are stronger people near by.

Nate prepared a delicious meal of french bread pizza and salad, and he even let me help a little, which was fun. To drink, he brought a big jar of apple cider that he made himself. Nate's family lives in Idaho and has a small apple orchard. He told me that there are some years they can make around 100-200 gallons of apple cider in a day. And this is just a hobby of sorts for them, not a full time job. Amazing!

After dinner we made an apple crisp for dessert and we played a few board games while it was baking. I can tell that Nate is serious about board games. He makes calculated decisions and concentrates intensely on the task at hand. He beat me in both games, but I did have fair warning, so I couldn't be too upset. Before the games started, Nate asked me if I would like him to take it easy on me or if I wanted him to be ruthless. I told him to just play the game. So he won fair and square both times. Good job Nate!

Nate is such a sweet-hearted guy. It was so nice of him to go so far out of his way just for me. If we go on another date, I think it's only fair that I return the favor.

2 comments:

dre said...

Girl you are good sport. I hate losing. Even though I would say "don't let me win" inside I would be saying "hells yeah let me win! This sucks!"

Amy said...

So... remember that comment that Johnny Metropolis posted after your third date about this being all nicey nicey? You're not giving many clues as to who you are considering and who is already on the black list. I can kinda read between the lines but you're not making it very easy.