Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Beks & Johnny

One of the things I like most about Johnny is how excited he gets. I had been texting him during the week to tell him what the plans would be for our date and his responses were always so enthusiastic, like "Oh baby!" - ha ha ha, that's my favorite one. When I picked up Johnny at his house, he was even more excited and enthusiastic than his text messages. We drove over to a nearby church to meet up with my friends, Shawnna and Leo, who are fantastic ballroom dancers and would be teaching us a few moves. It was so much fun dancing with Johnny. He would be concentrating so hard that it made me laugh, then my laughing would distract him and he would stumble over the steps a little bit. After repeating the moves several times, Johnny had mastered the basic step of the Fox Trot. Swing, however, that's another story. In fact, we should probably forget that we even tried to learn that one. Thank goodness both Shawnna and Leo are very patient people. Ha ha ha! After the dance lesson, we were on our way to Bombay House for dinner when we passed O' Falafel and I immediately changed my mind of where I wanted to eat. Johnny was completely cool with this sudden change of events. Actually, I'm pretty sure I have converted Johnny to the O' Falafel restaurant and he will be visiting again soon. It's that good! After dinner we went back to Johnny's place because he had a surprise adventure waiting there for me. With me on his bicycle and Johnny on his long board, we took a little ride downtown so Johnny could show me a few of his favorite sights. At one point, we were crossing over one of the Trax lines and one of the wheels on Johnny's long board got stuck send him flying into the air. It was like slow motion watching this. As he was mid-air, I thought he was going to land flat on his face and just eat it, hard. However, Johnny is a very nimble guy and he just tucked and rolled and was able to pull out of that gnarly fall unscathed. Awesome, just awesome! One of the sights Johnny wanted me to see was what he called, the Batman view of the city. I interrupted that thought for just a moment because right across the street from this Batman view was one of my favorite spots in the city - it reminds me of Gotham City right there in downtown Salt Lake. So we walked through "Gotham City" first where thugs and pick-pockets could have jumped us at any moment, then we walked over to this parking structure and went to the very top. I loved it! Johnny was right, this spot would totally be Batman's view of the city. It was so beautiful and calm up there and we could look over into "Gotham City". We only geeked out for a little while before we went back to Johnny's house and said good night. I always have so much fun with Johnny. I love how Johnny can think of the most awesome adventures and pull them off effortlessly. That's one thing I'm looking for in my life, more adventure. With Johnny, that won't be a problem at all. :)

3 comments:

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

I just love Johnny! I see you didn't post any dance footage...is that going to be in the gag reel?? Haha!

Ps- I want to see the view of Gotham City!!

Anna said...

darling.
they all seem like great guys.

im sad this is almost over. :( what will i look forward to every day?!

Laura Lee said...

Nice. Johnny is a stud.