Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jonathan Hussey

Some people think that Sunday dates are harder to pull off than other nights. If this is true, Jonathan didn't show it. I could tell that Jonathan had put a whole heck of a lot of thought into this date, but it was seamless and so much fun!

Jonathan picked me up at my place and on the drive back to his house we talked about how my sister's boyfriend just needs to pop the question already. Are you ready for this? Jonathan is my sister's boyfriend's sister's brother-in-law. Ha ha! But we didn't stay on that subject for long. We had plenty of other things to discuss.

Jonathan had made a beautiful and delicious dinner for us. For only having brothers and no sisters, Jonathan's mother sure did raise him right. He is a marvelous cook! I was so impressed with his cooking skills. We were having a great conversation during dinner when Jonathan got a picture message from his good friend. He showed me the picture of his front door and told me that we should see what's out there.

When we opened the door we saw a small gold coin with a piece of paper taped to it. On the paper there was a question which I read out loud. Then I looked at Jonathan with a puzzled face and he said "We're going on a Treasure Hunt!" ha ha ha

This is one of the MOST clever date ideas ever!!! All of you cute BYU-ers who are reading this right now (yes, you Julie Swenson and crew) pay attention to this super fun date idea.

Jonathan got a whole bunch of those chocolate gold coins and he taped all sorts of questions to them. Then he had his friends Scott and Jen hide them in spots all around the capitol building. Then Scott would send a picture message to Jonathan of the next spot to look for. On the way to each spot we took the time to answer the getting-to-know-you questions and we just had the best time doing it. The coins brought us full circle back to Jonathan's house where there were a whole bunch of coins scattered on the coffee table along with a vase of the most beautiful flowers!


Such an uber cute idea! I loved the whole thing! :)

After finding the Treasure, we had Jonathan's friends, Scott and Jen, come out of hiding and we played a round of The Office Clue. I am always down for a good, entertaining game of Clue! I love it!

Now for the most wonderful part of the night - Jonathan's Cupcakes! That's right . . . Jonathan specializes in homemade cupcakes. His dream job is to one day own a Cupcake Bakery - and he could do it! Those cupcakes were absolutely positively divine! Jonathan gave me a plate of them to take home with me. For a moment I thought about bringing them into work this morning, but I just didn't want to. These cupcakes are so amazing - I just wanted to eat them all!

I feel like it would be a ton of pressure for me to come up with a second date that could rival Jonathan's brilliant idea. Maybe I could just trick him into making more cupcakes for me. :) Maybe those french toast cupcakes with maple frosting and bacon bits that Jonathan was telling me about.

What do you think Jonny?!!! :)

11 comments:

Scott Leatham said...

You failed to mention it was Angela in Michael's Office with the bike chain!!

Unknown said...

ooh! I'm "crew" from "Julie Swenson and Crew"!! hahaha! and what a seriously fun date idea! next saint patty's I will totally do that! Oh and I wanted to say how much I Adore your blog! PS. I'm a fan of Jonathan- he's a cupcaker!:)

jonathan said...

Not only will I gladly make them for you, but we can make them together while watching episodes of Modern Family and/or Pushing Daisies! :)

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

This date sounds so amazing that I'm kinda crushing on Jon (don't tell Scott)! He is totally on my list of boys you should go on a second date with!

Julie said...

Haha! We love reading about all of your fun dates! You are so cute!! We look forward to you dates every day! We've already picked out our favorites. By the way...Jonathan, after your super creative date idea and the fact that you make cupcakes makes you one of our favorites!! Have fun this next week those boys look pretty dang cute!!

Vanessa said...

Since you're only going to pick one of these guys at the end, can the readers get first dibs on dating the adorable guys you don't choose?

Jonathan sounds (and looks) adorable! What a creative date! And he made cupcakes! What a catch!

By the way, your outfit for this date is adorable! Love the cuffed jeans! You look so cute!

Chelsea said...

It is a proven fact that the Hussey boys make the best husbands, let's be sisters!

Amy said...

Did he know how much you adore cupcakes? Seriously, we all know how much you love good food but on your "Make Your Mouth Water" scale cupcakes gets very high points from you. Kudos Jonathan, for planning such an awesome date for my sister. If I were picking the 2nd dates you would be on the short list!!

Unknown said...

I would like to put in a vote for Jonny! He's my bff since high school and I can attest to his mad skills in being a music connoisseur, cupcaking, movie selection, and just being one of the greatest friends ever. Plus, you ask him to run around with his hands in his pockets, you'll laugh for days.

P.S. I started reading your blog in anticipation for Jonny's date... but I kept going because it's so fun to read! :) Good luck with this whole project.

Arin and Troy said...

I like Jonny! I put a vote in for him, too! :)

RayRay said...

Who takes the time to plan a thoughtful, creative, and fun date like this anymore? Wow! What a keeper!! I hope you pick him for a second... He's such a cutie.