Sunday, March 6, 2011

Jon Madsen

For those of you who don't follow me on the Twitter @Beks30in30 yet, you're probably wondering what happened to Kory. In the last week, Kory met a girl, fell in love and is now living happily ever after with her. Or at least that's what I like to think. :) Congratulations Kory!



My trusty friend, Jon Madsen, is not only the best ward secretary this world has ever seen, but he is also superb at planning a date at the last minute. He could have easily said no since he works late most Saturday nights, but he didn't. And so begins our story:



I had been looking forward to my date with Jon all afternoon. I always have a good time with Jon, no matter what we're doing. He's just the perfect combination of quirky and fun. I kind of wanted to impress Jon, so I carefully selected my outfit to include my R2-D2 t-shirt. Jon loves Star Wars and I thought he might get a kick out of it. You can only imagine my surprise when Jon showed up at my house wearing a Storm Trooper t-shirt. Man, we make a good pair!



Jon planned out one of my all time favorite dates, dinner and a movie. This date isn't usually the best choice for a first date because it limits the getting to know you chat to dinner. Since Jon and I are already such good friends, it was the perfect date for us.



We went to Thaifoon and ordered complimentary dishes so we could share (another one of my favorite things to do since I love food so much and I just want to try everything.) Then we dashed across the Gateway and made it just in time for the next showing of The Adjustment Bureau, a great movie about love, and if it really does conquer all.



Perhaps if Jon and I go on a second date, we can test that statement. Will our love conquer all? :)

3 comments:

Anna said...

loving all of these days!!

ps- you look fabulous!

Anna said...

I meant dates not days :)

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

I totally bought Jon that shirt for Christmas! I just love that kid! Way to step up kiddo and take Beks on the last minute date! I'm super glad you guys didn't go see Beastly without me...I would have been totally bummed cause Scott would never see that with me.