Monday, March 21, 2011

Roman Buys

I was out to lunch with my boss and a few co-workers when I got a phone call from Roman. My boss encouraged me to take the call right then and there, since he is completely supportive of my little project. Roman asked me if I had ever been scuba diving. When I said yes, I have been scuba diving a few times, Roman let out a little sigh. That was obviously not the answer he was looking for. Roman had found an Intro to Scuba class that he wanted to take and he thought it would be a great date for us. I told him that I would love to do that and to try to get into the class. After I hung up the phone everyone at the table was joking around about how smart Roman is because he was trying to get me into a swim suit on our first date. Ha ha! Unfortunately for my co-workers, Roman was not able to get into the class.

Roman picked me up at my place and told me that instead of Scuba we would be doing the next best thing, dinner. He had the biggest smile on his face when he told me about the restaurant he chose. Roman absolutely loves good BBQ so we went to Sugarhouse BBQ for Romans favorite ribs in Salt Lake. The ribs at Sugarhouse BBQ are so ultra good! At one point I noticed that my fingers were a heck of a lot messier than Romans. I asked him how in the WORLDDDD Roman could keep his fingers so clean. He confessed that every time I looked away, he would lick his fingers. That’s my kind of BBQ! :)

During dinner Roman told me about what his Perfect Day would entail. He would sleep in, just a little bit then he would get all of his buddies together to play basketball. After that, Roman and 20 of his mountain biking friends would go on an epic ride. The day would end with eating the most perfect ribs and possibly an old movie. Wow – that does sound like an amazing day!

After dinner, Roman and I drove back to my place for a quick wardrobe change and then we set off on our adventure. Geocaching!

Geocaching is where somebody hides a Tupperware container or a waterproof box of some sort filled with a tiny log book and some trinkets. Then that person provides the coordinates to this container and then one of the many other Geocachers in the world try to find it, write in the log book and trade a trinket of their own for one that is in the box.

We failed at our first attempt to find a cache, but I think that’s only because someone probably found it and didn't know what it was so they threw it away. Our second attempt, however, proved to be very successful! I couldn't believe how fun this is. Geocaching is such a fun adventure!

For our second date, perhaps I could hide some ribs in a Geocache box and give Roman the coordinates. I think he would like that. :)




1 comment:

Amy said...

What a fabulous date! Anytime you start a date with BBQ its going to be a good night. Mmmm ribs. :)

p.s. So interesting that he wanted to take you scuba diving. You love the scuba!! Maybe on the dos date???