Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Jon Hill

First of all, I'd like to give a shout out to Jon's Mom and sisters. Hi Ladies! Thanks for reading the blog, you've done a great job with Jon! :)

A few minutes before our date, Jon called me to make sure I was wearing comfortable walking shoes. Uh, no. I was still in the dress and heels I wore to work that day. I thought it would be a good first date dress. So when Jon arrived, I was still trying to pick out a comfortable walking outfit, which turned out just fine because it gave Jon a chance to get to know my sister a little while I was changing. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but it sounded like Jon was very outgoing and willing to answer any of her questions.
Jon actually is an outgoing person, he just doesn't know it yet. The first thing we talked about when we got in his car was that he felt like he is an introvert and that by doing this project he is stepping completely out of his comfort zone. As I describe the details of our date, anyone will be able to see why I'm confused by this statement.

The first thing Jon wanted to do was check out the new Whole Foods Market at Trolley Square. I had no idea that Whole Foods had so many dinner choices right there in the salad bar. One of the many things Jon and I have in common is our love of trying new foods. Whole Foods is the perfect place to do just that. Both of us filled our plates with a variety of delicious foods.

While we ate, we talked about traveling and all of the places we've been. We talked about the places we'd like to go and what kind of food we want to try once we get there. If you can't tell by now, food is a very important thing in my life. Food is just something I find joy in. I think Jon finds joy in food too. We both got really excited when we told each other about a restaurant the other should try. Jon promised me he would let me know the name of the Ethiopian restaurant in town. I can't wait to try it!

After dinner we drove over to Liberty Park to just walk around and get to know each other better. It wasn't until we had driven all the way around the park that we both realized that we were doing just fine getting to know each other in the car. I can't remember how many more times we drove around that park, simply because I was so engaged in our conversation. We talked about some deeply spiritual things and Jon was so open to discuss all of it.

Dessert came next, so we drove over to a little gelato place on 9th and 9th. Jon ordered this coconut mango yumminess. It was like heaven in a teeny tiny bowl. I know this because Jon let me eat right out of his bowl. Gosh he's nice! :)

While we were at the gelato place, Jon told me all about living in Boston and growing up in St. Louis. I know that I have been to some pretty cool places in my life, but hearing him describe these two places makes me want to put them on the top of my bucket list.

So where did this reserved, kind of shy guy go? Well Jon, I hate to break it to you, but he just doesn't exist. Not with me, anyway. We had no problem talking all night. I hope that if Jon and I go out again we can drive around the Liberty Park a few more times. That was by far my favorite part of this date. I had such a great time with Jon, and I have a good feeling that he did too.

3 comments:

Arin and Troy said...

I like the sound of Jon. He sounds very endearing for my taste. :)

Arin and Troy said...

Oh and I LOVE that he took you to Whole Foods for dinner! I can't wait til they open one here in Boise!

Amy said...

Yea! I'm glad you had a good time with Jon. He's a cutie and I was pulling for him. Don't you just love when you feel comfortable enough around someone to just hang out and talk.