Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Beks & Tyler E.

There is one responsibility that doesn't go away when you're dating every night . . . your church calling. Before my date with Tyler, I had to run home right after work and make a huge salad for our Ward Service Auction. As of Sunday night, I thought I was going to have to take Tyler with me to drop this salad off as part of our date. But I didn't have to do that. Somehow my friend and home teacher extraordinaire, Erik, had that feeling that Monday night, right before my date would be the best time to stop by. Erik is so incredibly great! He helped me make the salad and then he even hand delivered it to the Auction for me. All so I could have the best date possible with Tyler. Thank you Erik!!! Tyler met me at my place shortly after Erik and the salad left. He brought a bouquet of flowers with him, but they weren't just any flowers, they were edible flowers that Tyler himself cut out of fruit and arranged beautifully. I quickly set the bouquet of fruit flowers down so I could give Tyler a great big hug. Then we were off to dinner at Thyme & Seasons. I absolutely love this little place! Chef Hai is a jack of all trades and knows how to cook just about anything. He doesn't really have a menu, he just asks you what you'd like to eat and then he makes it. Tyler said he was in the mood for something Indian, Italian or Asian, so I picked Pad Thai. Both Tyler and I absolutely loved it! After dinner, Tyler and I went back to my place to relax. We watched an episode of Pushing Daisies because I love it now, and then we just talked. Tyler asked some pretty deep and serious questions. The kind of questions you don't think to ask when you're 18. I found myself wanting to answer all of his questions with a little bit of sugar coating. But I stopped myself. I figured that if he was brave enough to ask those kinds of questions, I could be brave enough to answer them honestly. Even if it meant admitting to some things about myself that I'm not particularly proud of. Let's just say that you shouldn't push my buttons when I'm hungry or already in a foul mood. It felt really good to just put it all out there not knowing if Tyler could accept this about me or if it scared him off for good. I really like talking to Tyler and I'm looking forward to many more discussions with him. :)

7 comments:

dre said...

Ok I thought the video thing was a bit weird but now I love it. You really get to see their personalities better. Tyler E sounds like a fun sweet smart guy.

Did anyone else catch his "be on thyme" joke?! Ha ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Love it! You guys seemed so comfortable with one another, and I loved how cute and twitterpaited you seem with him.

Amy said...

Loved the videos. You sat so close to each other, I was waiting for you to jump on his lap. Tyler is one of my favorites!!!

Renee said...

I love Tyler! He gets my vote.

Arin and Troy said...

Troy just walked in while I was watching these videos of Tyler and he said, "I dont even need to watch any of the other guys, I choose him." hahahaha....I really like Tyler, too! He is both of our votes!! Wish we could meet him on Thursday!!

Arin and Troy said...

And yes, the "thyme" joke was funny, too! ha ha

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

I really liked Tyler & I see a lot of chemistry between you two. I'm kinda of torn on my favorite now...