Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Troy Evans

What a great way to start things out!



When Troy picked me up at my place, my first thought was "Wow! He's really good looking." No joke - that's really what I thought. Now, usually when I'm around such attractive guys, I'm kind of shy and nervous. But Troy immediately gave me a hug and instantly made me feel at ease.



Troy took me to Al Forno's Italian Restaurant for our date. The food was absolutely delicious and the conversation was even better. The first thing Troy requested was full disclosure. This was the theme throughout the evening. It started out as playful and just a little teasing. He insisted that I tried to trick him by not disclosing how many movies were in my dvd library. He was also a little weary when I informed him of my intention to take a picture of him and write this blog post after our date. "Full disclosure!" I laughed when he all but shouted the words.

I was so grateful for this "full disclosure" theme. Not only could we openly joke around but it also led to Troy's more serious side, which, in all honesty, I didn't think I would get to see. Troy is a very charming, outgoing and witty guy. He kept me laughing through the whole night. It was because of his great sense of humor that I found it such a surprise that he would be so willing to open up to me.

I found out that Troy has four siblings and he is the only one who isn't married. So that means he has eight wonderful people looking out for him in one way or another. Troy loves baseball, playing dare dice, taking naps on the beach and is extremely interested in something called Zorbing. If you haven't ever heard of zorbing, please google it immediately. It sounds like an amazingly fun adventure.



Troy and I ended the night by having my wonderful neighbor, Febee, take a picture of us. For some reason Troy was nervous about meeting Febee. Ha ha! Cute!



I had such a great time with Troy tonight. I hope I get the chance to see him again, and perhaps maybe even doing the Zorb thing. Do they even do that in Utah???



Thanks for starting things out right, Troy!


Oh - another thing - I have naturally curly hair. It's insanely curly, actually. The day I took all of the photos you see on this blog, I flat ironed my hair. It's usually a lot bigger.

FULL DISCLOSURE! :)

10 comments:

dre said...

Can I leave a full disclosure comment?

Yeah he looks like a baseball player, and there is NOTHING wrong with that (if you know what I mean)!
He's super cute and if he's as funny and open as you said, then I hope there is a date 2 ahead!

Don't be nervous Troy, we all like you too!

Arin and Troy said...

I LOVE Troy! And guess what, I can say that without my husband even getting jealous! :) Glad things started out with a bang, cant wait to hear about the date tonight.

Nicole Williams said...

You look adorable in this picture Beks!! You can tell just by the looks on each others faces that you had a good time together. YAY!!

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

Seriously when can I come do a video clip on my IPhone of one of your dates?? I really want to! I'm so glad this month has started out on the right foot. Thanks Troy!

PS- He is a cutie!! Almost as cute as you! :-)

Unknown said...

What a great first date! And hello! You look GORGEOUS! Love the dress, but especially love the smiles on both of your faces!

And I totally think you should let Jaime come do video clips of the dates! that would be SOoooooo fun! Maybe she should be there when they pick you up and drop you off to get a before and after reaction! haha!

And I agree, he's a cutie!

Amy said...

Yea! A good first date. It would have been awful if your first date with this project was a bomb. Good job Troy on pulling through with the pressure of the "First Date"! Oh and of course you look fabulous Bekah - but you're a natural beauty. Very cute pic of both of you.

Laura Lee said...

Hey, you don't know me very well, but I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. I think it's a fun idea.

Your hair looks so cute...and I want your dress.

Cameron's Corner said...

Seriously, though. If all the guys you're dating have access to this blog, you're probably not going to tell us the date sucked, right? I want to hear the bad with the good, but that's probably not gonna happen is it?

Vanessa said...

I agree. I definitely want to hear about the dates that end up a total disaster. I guess we'll just have to assume they know it's a disaster as well!

Rebekah said...

Ha ha ha! I love you guys! My friends are freaking awesome! :)

Laura - of course I don't mind that you read my blog. I love it! Keep reading. :)

Cameron and Vanessa - if you want the dirt, you're just going to have to ask me personally. I'm not going to put any of it out there on the internet. ha ha ha