Sunday, March 13, 2011

Johnny Duncan

Last night I went on one of the funnest dates I have ever been on in my entire life!

I had been looking forward to this date since February 5, 2011, when Johnny's roommate asked me how strict I was going to be with the age range. Because Johnny, who is quite a bit younger than I am, wanted to sign up. Of course I could be flexible on the age range! The truth is, I was going to ask Johnny if he would be one of my dates. He just beat me to it. :)

Johnny met me at the Home Show where we were supposed to learn how to make something chocolatey. However, there were still a bunch of dishes that I had to wash from the last presentation, so Johnny volunteered to help me with that instead. We were completely caught off guard when my friend, Chef Bryan Woolley, came back stage to give Johnny the third degree. Did Johnny melt under this heat? Nope, not even a little. He answered every question Bryan threw at him. I was very impressed!

We took Bryan's suggestion and went to Chubby's for dinner. I absolutely love Mexican food and this little hole-in-the-wall restaurant is now one of my favorites. I'm pretty sure I could eat their guacamole with just about anything and be happy for the rest of my life.

While at dinner, Johnny told me all about his plans for spring break. Johnny and a buddy are going on a two-day adventure where they will kayak the length of the Great Salt Lake. This was his inspiration for our date last night.

We drove back to my place for a quick wardrobe change before we headed to the West Bountiful pond. I have lived in Bountiful my entire life and I didn't even know this pond existed. Needless to say, I felt a little foolish. But Johnny didn't care, in fact, I think it made it more fun for him to introduce me to this pond that he loves so much.

It was completely dark outside when Johnny and I kayaked out into the middle of this pond. Johnny wanted to bring headlamps so we could see better, but I'm glad he forgot. When we turned back towards the mountains in Bountiful, there was more than enough light to see. It was so beautiful! I could have stayed out there all night, just watching the lights and listening to the ducks. I feel like it would be impossible to describe how cool this actually is. Being out on that pond in the middle of the night with just the city lights shinning down on you - it's simply breathtaking.

I think we would have stayed out there longer if it hadn't started raining. Johnny was getting completely soaked. Not me though. I was warm and dry thanks to my awesome snow suit. Who's overdressed now, Johnny? Hmmm?

We ended the date by going back to my place for a fun and only slightly heated game of Settlers of Catan with my sister, Mary, and her boyfriend, Chet. After Johnny left, Mary told me how much she liked Johnny and how impressed she was with his board game skills. In the past, I have had my dates over to play board games with my family, and the date is a little timid and doesn't always play to his full capability. But not Johnny, he passed every test Mary gave him and he completely dominated that game.

Conclusion - I had so much fun with Johnny and would love to go out with him again. Now if I could just talk to his roommate to see if Johnny would want to do that too.

6 comments:

Rebekah said...

Um - I'm a little sad that no one has commented on Johnny's date yet. Did you not read the part where I said this was one of the best dates of my entire life?!!

Fine! I'm going to comment.

Rebekah said...

Besides the amazing pond experience, my favorite moment of the night was when we were playing the board game. I felt so comfortable around Johnny - I was just being myself. At one point I put my feet up on his chair and when our legs touched I got the butterfly zingers in my stomach. :) I LOVE getting the zingers!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how cute are you! I loved the game part. How can you not love a guy that's not afraid to hold back in a game and show you his true competitive side...very attractive!

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

I just love Johnny! He's such a doll face and the date was very creative and different! If only Sebastian would have been there to sing "Kiss the girl"!

Staci said...

I believe that Johnny should be on the 2nd date list. Anyone who can create the "Kiss the Girl" moment from The Little Mermaid that close to the Boundiful dump deserves a second date!

Uncle Scott said...

In reading these comments, Johnny, I better understand now why you have the nickname, "Juice"