Monday, March 7, 2011

Mark Morris

People always say "a good home-cooked meal is the way to a man's heart." Well guess what - the same goes for us gals too.
Mark invited me over to his place for dinner. When I walked through the door I was greeted with a great big hug and the super delicious smell of the meal Mark had been slaving over all afternoon. He had every detail covered. He set the table, he made salad, garlic bread, chicken alfredo and even had rootbeer, my favorite soda pop, to drink. I was so impressed!
We talked about what I wanted to get out of this project and he told me a few stories about ex-girlfriends. It was a very honest discussion but at no point did it ever feel forced or serious. That's what I like so much about Mark. I've known him for a little over a year now and he's always been honest, outgoing and completely genuine. He's so fun to be around and can instantly put a smile on your face. I feel comfortable enough to be myself around Mark.
After dinner we played a few sports games on the Wii. He may or may not have dominated every single game we played. You would think I'd be upset by losing, right? But not to someone who actually plays their best and doesn't take it easy on me just because I'm a girl. I absolutely love a good competitive game. In fact, I kind of feel like taking it easy on someone can be viewed as a huge insult. Like, I don't think you could possibly be good enough to actually compete with me so I'm just going to let you win to make you feel better. Let me tell you right now - winning like that never makes me feel better. I want someone who inspires me to work harder at something or learn a new skill. Mark is great at being that person who will teach you how to be better at something without gloating or belittling you.
We exhausted the sports games and quickly moved on to Rock Band. Mark has got some mad skills! He rocked out on both the drums and the guitar and is a fantastic lead singer. I even jumped way, way out of my normal comfort zone and sang a few songs. It just goes back to being comfortable with Mark and allowing him to see the real me.
I wonder what Mark would inspire me to do if we go on a second date. The possibilities are endless . . .

4 comments:

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

Gotta love a good Southern boy and a man that can cook! Guy's that can cook are the hottest!!

dre said...

So lucky he cooked for you. I was disappointed it was jambalaya with Big Easy sausages.

Amy said...

Mmm(drool)mmm...Italian! Hey, isn't talking about your ex's a big no-no on the first date? I've been out of dating for a while, maybe it's cool now.

Rebekah said...

Amy - In this situation, talking about your ex's on the first date is okay. I am 100% open with these guys and I love it when they feel like they can be just as open with me.