Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Geoff Gough - take two

Ha ha ha . . . just kidding!

The Geoff Gough Date Planning Committee did an extraordinary job of planning last night's date. We went to Geoff Gough's favorite restaurant and did one of Geoff Gough's favorite things to do in the city. Right now, I'd like take the time to thank Geoff Gough and the Geoff Gough Date Planning Committee for an amazing night. I will always remember this date.

I was running late because of traffic, so instead of having Geoff drive all the way out to Bountiful, I offered to meet him somewhere downtown. We met at the City and County Building so I could leave my car in a safe place and then drive to dinner together. Geoff rushed over to my car with an umbrella in hand so I wouldn't get wet from the rain, but I didn't care about the rain. The only thing I thought about when I first saw him was how attractive he is. I hope this doesn't hurt Geoff's feelings but his pictures really don't do him justice. Maybe it's his insanely cute smile or his encompassing energetic personality, I don't know, but this guy is CA-YUTE!

We drove over to Settebello's for dinner where we gorged ourselves on the most spectacular pizza. Settebello's is not only one of Geoff Gough's favorite restaurants, it's also one of mine. I just love that place! During dinner Geoff told me about his trip to Europe for a Study Abroad. This story was so hilarious, I found myself living the movie version in my mind as he told it. Short version - he was traveling all over Italy and Spain without his luggage. After a week of wearing the same clothes, he finally bought something new to wear. When he arrived back home he found his luggage at the Salt Lake Airport where it showed tags of everyplace he had been in Europe, his luggage just beat him to each city and left before he got there. Crazy!

After dinner we drove over to Geoff Gough's special parking area near the Gateway. We got out of the car and walked around to the back where Geoff surprised me with Jazz tickets and Jazz apparel to wear at the game. Fun! I absolutely love going to Jazz games.

We had so much fun talking and laughing and even though this is slightly embarrassing to admit, I'm going to say it anyway. While we were talking at the Jazz game, I found myself leaning closer and closer to Geoff. He just smelled so good! You know that really, really good smell that makes you want to grab a guys face and just rape kiss the crap out of him? Yeah, that was it. But I didn't do that, there was no rape kissing on this date. I had to settle for touching his leg a bunch of times. :)

During the game, I could tell that Geoff was a little distracted by the couple next to him. You know me, I'm not usually a hater, but this couple was crazy funny. At one point this girl actually asked her date if, in basketball, you get 4 points if you shoot from half court. Really? Girlfriend, where did you grow up? Don't worry - it gets better! This couple stood up and started walking away when the girl turned back around to ask us if we would watch her purse for her. I think my jaw hit the floor. Who is this girl?! The couple walked down the stairs and as soon as they were completely out of sight, Geoff grabbed her purse and started riffling through it. I was shocked! I really, truly thought Geoff was insane for doing this. He found some gum in her purse and offered me a piece. I just about flipped out! I said of course not! Put it back! So he just took one for himself and put the purse back on the floor. But then I thought about it and decided, wait if he's going to have good breath, I'm going to need some too. So I changed my mind and asked him to get me a piece too. Oh yeah, and by the way, the little girl sitting in front of us was watching us the entire time we looked through this complete stranger's purse. I thought she would tattle on us for sure!

A few minutes later the crazy couple came back and they were so nice. To thank us for watching her purse, they bought us ice cream. Oh man! I was feeling 100% guilty now! We started talking to the couple, with little miss tattle pants in front of us just waiting to pounce and tell our secret. But she didn't have to. After talking to this couple for a few seconds, I was about to spill the beans about the purse, but instead, I finally figured it out. Geoff knew them. Ha ha ha! Apparently they had been following us around all night! They were even in the restaurant at the table behind me. The Geoff Gough Date Planning Committee planned out this whole trick. And it worked! They totally tricked me.

After Geoff's brother and his girlfriend revealed themselves we laughed and laughed! They showed us a picture they took of us at the restaurant and told us how fun it was for her to pretend like she didn't know anything about basketball. The whole thing was just super fantastic!

I sincerely hope the Geoff Gough Date Planning Committee will consider a second date for us.



ps - for those of you who are curious about what a rape kiss is, please reference any kiss between Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara in Gone with the Wind.

9 comments:

Amy said...

WHAT THE ... I can't believe you admitted you wanted to rape kiss him. SOOOOO not like you!! Which brings me to a question. On your second dates, is it going to be all polite "accidental" leg brushing or are you going to get some action? If you wait until the final third date to kiss you may find out the guy you choose is a slobber-lizard kisser. Just sayin.

ps -Thanks for the revised version.

Renee said...

I'm totally Team Geoff now.

Nicole Williams said...

I love Geoff and I love your shiny jacket!!

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

Totally one of my favorites!! I really hope there is some rape kissing on the second date.

Lindsey said...

I LOVE this date!!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that you said "rape kiss." I haven't stopped laughing since I read that. Thank you for making my day!!

Arin and Troy said...

Havent I been saying all along that I have a good feeling about him?????

Staci said...

Awesome!

Vanessa said...

Love this!!!!! I couldn't wait to read all about it after you told me at lunch how great this date was! Sounds like it was so much fun!

And I, too, definitely hope there is some rape kissing with Geoff Gough in the future!