Thursday, March 24, 2011

Ken Taylor

Before I tell you about my date with Ken, can I just toot my own little horn really quick? I am currently #1 in the NCAA standings at work. That's right! This girl, who doesn't know anything about College Basketball, but likes it nonetheless, is in first place with her bracket! :) Ken is a study-aholic and had a school project meeting until 8:40 pm so I had plenty of time to catch up on a few games last night.

After Ken's meeting, he rushed over to my place to pick me up. Then we drove up to Roy to go to dinner. Ken had texted me earlier in the day to ask where I wanted to go. I chose the Burger Bar! The Burger Bar is one of the best burger joints in Utah, and I'll tell you why . . . the bun. I truly believe that you can throw the best, most delicious fixin's on your burger and if the bun is bad, that's all you'll taste. However, if you have a good bun, you can get away with just the patty, ketchup and cheese, like Ken, and it's still a fantastic burger. I had been craving a Big Cheese Ben for weeks! Now that I've had one you'd think that I'd be good, but no. Now I just want another.

I met Ken a year and a half ago when he came to my 2nd Annual PreThanksgiving Dinner in 2009. Since then, we have chatted several times and we've seen each other here and there but never went out when it was just the two of us. I've always thought that he was extremely good looking (my sister, Amy, even gave him the nickname of Hottie Pa-Tottie Pants) and just an all around fun guy to hang out with. I'm so glad I finally got the chance to get to know him better. Ken is such a nice guy! We had a great time talking and learning about each other's past relationships.

We ended the date by driving back to my house where we snapped a few photos. We were laughing during most of the pictures but we finally got a good one. I just adore Ken! I think we are going to be friends for a long time. :)





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so craving Burger Bar now! We should go there next month and get burgers, onion rings, and lime rickies, and you can fill me in on all the juicy details of your dating experiences!!