Sunday, March 27, 2011

Beks & Jonathan

I am so mad at myself right now! I accidentally deleted one of the videos from my second date with Jonathan. :( Why doesn't YouTube have a trash bin?!!! Oh well. There's nothing we can do now except tell you about my great date with Jonathan. To start our date, Jonathan met me for sacrament meeting in my ward. I got to introduce him to a couple of my friends and was only slightly embarrassed when the Bishopric kept smiling at us from their seats. After church, Jonathan went home to change his clothes and I rushed back to my place to make some Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch. Jonathan insists that he was late, but I think he was right on time. I had just finished the soup and was ready to start making cupcakes. But they weren't just any old cupcakes. They were French Toast-Bacon cupcakes with maple frosting, and they were AWESOME! After our completely tasty meal, we settled in on the couch to watch an episode of Pushing Daisies. My friend, Calvin, has been trying to get me to watch this show for a really long time. So when Jonathan mentioned it was one of his favorite shows during our last date, I thought this would be the perfect time. We were about half-way through the first episode when I looked over to see that Jonathan had fallen asleep. Aw! Poor guy was completely tuckered out. I let Jonathan sleep for the rest of the show, which I enjoyed immensely, Calvin! Then when he woke up he told me that he was looking forward to his Sunday nap. I can relate to that! I absolutely love a good Sunday nap! So I packed up some soup and cupcakes for Jonathan to take home, then I gave him a great big hug. It was such a relaxing day. I can see many Sunday's spent like this with Jonathan in my future. :)

10 comments:

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

I wish I would have saved the first video on my phone!! I'm so bummed. Everyone is now missing out on Beks in her hot Sunday dress! Serious sexiness!!

Amy said...

He fell asleep during your date... Uh, not good. Everybody loves a good Sunday nap but not in the middle of a second date. I think it's time to put him in the friend category. He's a very nice guy and I'm sure a wonderful cook but if their's not enough spark to keep his eyes open, I'd say you two are better as friends.

Anonymous said...

Totally disagree with Amy! Yes, falling asleep on a date is not the best idea, but it shows that he's comfortable around her. And I love my Sunday nap so much I could fall asleep in a construction zone. And any guy who makes delicious cupcakes is a keeper for sure!

DavidRogers said...

Umm...yeah...yawn...HE FELL ASLEEP!!! That is totally acceptable, if you are regularly dating, but not on a second date. Especially one where Beks planned it. It just shows disinterest. HaBooooo!!!
Exit stage left, straight to the friends zone. Bah Bye!!

P.S. I am still a bit disappointed that TEAMPAUL was not adequately represented in the second date selections.

Amy said...

Falling asleep on a second date is too comfortable "76e50350-596a-11e0-897...WTF can you get a shorter name!

I'm guessing you think farting on the second date it fine too.

Amy said...

p.s. David - I don't think you can vote for someone that is not in the playoffs...(TeamPaul). I only really like one out of the final five. I was hoping to see Troy Evans in the mix. Does falling asleep on the second date disqualify you? If so, I think their is room for Troy.

Amy said...

Oops. I like two out of the final five.

Mark Rogers said...

In Jon's defense I have to say that Sundays are GREAT days for naps and Im glad he felt comfortable enough to take one. I won't get in too deep into the physiology of it, but when your body says its time to sleep it means it! Beks- I'm thoroughly impressed and happy you chose the people you did. Good Job!

Chelsea said...

Jonny has more than enough good qualities to make up for a little nap. Kevin fell asleep at some inopportune times while we were dating too, must be genetic.

dre said...

Looks like the nap is okay based on your own personal philosophies. Beks you stay true to who you are, nap or no nap.

However I was agreeing to all those that said a nap on a date is not cool until I remembered I fell asleep on my first date with Sean. We had a midnight movie for Ironman and we were already totally into each other. So I was resting my head on his shoulder then BAM! totally missed the ending, and parts of the middle. But he obviously didn't mind since he bought me a very expensive shiny ring.

Comfortable vs rude. all depends on the situation.