Monday, March 14, 2011

Victor Venegas

I walked into the Red Ginger Bistro and was immediately greeted by Victor's amazing smile. He guided me over to a corner of the waiting room where we could sit and talk before our table was ready.

Oh my goodness! Victor is so easy to talk to. I know I say this about a lot of the guys, but I feel like I need to emphasize this with Victor. He is just 100% out there, no walls. I would love to be that way. I feel like I'm trying to show everyone the real me but sometimes that's hard. With Victor it seems to be very simple and easy for him. Maybe it's so easy for him because there is nothing bad to hide. Victor is so fun and energetic about life. He is a very outgoing person that likes to constantly be doing something social. I feel like I could talk with him about anything, and we pretty much did.

We covered a whole range of topics. We talked about the Church and how we both feel about it. Victor is a very spiritual guy and he is not afraid to show it or talk about it. His spirituality and testimony is completely intertwined with his every day life. I love the courage that Victor has, and the fact that he probably doesn't even know that it takes a lot of courage to live your life like this. Holding nothing back and just living the gospel in every way.

Victor and I also discussed past relationships, what went wrong, what we learned from each one and how they have made both of us into the kind of people we are today. Something that we both agree on is that you should give any relationship a fighting chance by choosing to remove risky components that could and almost certainly would destroy it. I really like being able to talk to someone who has experienced something similar to what I went through with past relationships and not only survived but came out a better person because of what he learned about himself.

I feel like Victor and I connected on a much deeper level than people usually do during a two hour lunch break. I'm anxious to see what this connection could turn into if we get the chance to go out again.

4 comments:

Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...

He's a cutie patootie! Love that smile. Sounds like you guys could have used more than the 2 hour lunch!

dre said...

Great smile! Great date, and Great Sushi!

Brittney & Morgan said...

He is a cute one! Killa smile!

Rebekah said...

Brit - you should see it in person. His smile is even better in person! :)