Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Tyler Edwards

6:23 pm - Getting ready for my date with Tyler, I have 7 minutes until he'll be there to pick me up, what do I do? Call my sister, Amy, of course. We get into sister mode and start talking about all sorts of stuff when suddenly I realized that oh no, it's 6:30! I had been in the back bathroom so I didn't know if anyone had knocked. I ran to the door, still talking to Amy, and I peeked out the peep hole. Sure enough, Tyler was standing there. I quietly whisper-yelled at Amy "He's here! I gotta go!" Poor Tyler had been standing out there for at least a couple of minutes before I answered the door. Great way to start out a date, Beks! Sheesh!

Tyler and I met in high school. I actually had a great big crush on him and had asked him to the Halloween Dance our senior year. Tyler actually still has the pictures and emailed them to me when he signed up for this gig. :) Here we are 12 years (ouch!) later and finally going on a second date. And what a date it was!

After I finally answered the door and apologized profusely for ignoring him, Tyler told me what our date would entail. Shootin' some guns! I'm not sure if many of you know this, but I absolutely love to shoot guns. It's so fun and exhilarating . . . and I'm not half bad either. Go ahead and ask my boss, Lynn, he'll tell you.

Tyler and I drove out to Doug's Shoot 'N Sports where he taught me all sorts of stuff about guns. I heard some of it - but don't ask me to repeat everything I learned because it was super loud in there and I'm not much of a lip reader. We had so much fun shooting all of the paper targets. Tyler kept handing me loaded gun after loaded gun. I probably shot twice as many bullets as Tyler. It was awesome and Tyler was so incredibly nice to let me keep going. We probably would have stayed there longer but our firing lane thing broke and the place was packed. So we took a quick picture and drove back up to B-town to grab some dinner.

Tyler is so easy to talk to. We must have been sitting at our table at Texas Roadhouse for a good 25 minutes before we even ordered. It was slightly embarrassing, actually. The waitress came back 3 times to take our order before we were ready. Tyler and I were just having too good of time talking. That's how it was during the rest of the night too. We just talked and talked and talked. We talked about the fun stuff we like to do. We talked about our families. We talked about past relationships and what we've learned about ourselves because of them. We talked about what we want in future relationships, which I have to tell you, Tyler and I are on a very similar (if not exactly the same) page when it comes to this subject.

The whole night was just wonderful! I found myself wishing Tyler would come in after our date, but I think he wanted to respect my bedtime. :)

When my sister, Mary, came home a few minutes after I did, I gushed about the awesome date I just had. She said that this was the giddiest she has seen me in awhile. I think she's right. :)

I'm pretty sure Tyler and I could do anything and have the best time with each other. But since the second date would be my turn to plan, I'm going to bring out the big guns! :)


6 comments:

Arin and Troy said...

I am so excited that you are so excited!!! It sounds like the date was wonderful! Can't wait to hear how the second date goes!

Amy said...

After reading this post and talking to you about your date its obvious you two are going on a second date. I am so happy for you Beks! I hope he feels the same way about you...so, do ya Tyler? Are you up for round two?

Vanessa said...

I love that all these boys are being so creative in their dates! I mean, shooting guns on a first (technically second) date!?!?! Who would even think of that! Good job Tyler!

And I'm so thrilled that you had such a great time! How are you EVER going to only choose 5 guys to out with on second dates?

katwalk said...

excited too. can hardly wait for you to bring out the big guns :)make sure you throw in some cooking..cause you know what they say..the way to a mans heart..guns and food :)

Unknown said...

This jacket makes you look like an international spy! Perfect choice for a date at the shooting range :)

Amy said...

GO TEAM TYLER!!!