Sunday, March 20, 2011

Chad Spere

A lot of you have been asking for the dirt on these dates. Never believing me that I could have had such a great time with all of these guys. Well hopefully you'll be satisfied by this post. I can tell you right now that I will not be going out with Chad Spere again.


All of my other dates have been so gracious and kind. They have all given me notice of when to be ready and, if it's not a surprise, what we'll be doing for the night. Not Chad. He waited until Saturday afternoon to send me a text message telling me that he would be to my place at 7:00 and to wear something that shows off my legs. I thought that was a little weird, but I am 100% committed to this project, so I'm going to do whatever it takes.


When he showed up at 7:23, I had my jacket on and purse in hand, ready to start our date. Instead he just walked into my condo, threw his back pack on the floor and told me to take off my jacket because we'd be staying here. Chad said that he read what my friends said about me in my blog so he thought he would plan a date full of things we both like to do.

Chad loves video games, so he brought his Xbox and since he read that I really like to cook, he told me to make him something good to eat while he played his game. Um . . . okay. Who is this guy?!! I did it though, because I am 100% into this thing.


While dinner was in the oven, Chad asked me if I would give him a back rub. He said that he read on my blog that my friend, Craig, absolutely loves it when I tickle his back during sacrament meeting. So Chad thought that would be fun for both of us. Really?!! Thanks a lot Craig!


After dinner, Chad wanted to watch a movie. So I sat down on the couch about a foot away from him. He asked if I could sit closer to him. I inched over but I just didn't want to sit next to this creepy guy. Once the movie started, Chad reached over and started rubbing my leg and he said, in the most disgusting serial killer voice, that my friends were right about my great legs. Ugh!!!!! I'm never doing another athletic thing ever again!


Even though I am committed to this project, it doesn't mean I have to be committed to this one guy, right? I feel like I'm still putting myself out there. I'm out of my comfort zone and I'm really going for this thing. Just not with Chad.



ps - ha ha! Fooled you! Chad is actually one of my very best friends and he thought it would be hilarious if he planned out the creepiest date possible and documented the whole thing.



Chad made such huge effort to plan out a super fun and hilarious date. We actually only did that creep-fest photo shoot for the first 20 minutes of our date. After that we went to dinner at Royal India, one of my new favorite places. Then we went to Chad's parents house where we met up with my brother, Zo, and sis-in-law, Jen. We played a couple of games together and just had a super great time. We even had another little photo shoot of me beating the pants off Chad in Ping Pong and Foosball, which was fun to pretend, because I would never beat Chad in real life.


Chad and I are actually not going to date - we are such good friends and we have decided that's the way we like it. Chad is not only one of my very best friends but he is one of the most amazing guys I know. He deserves somebody really special. Maybe I can even help him find her. :)

9 comments:

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jaime Van Hoose Steele said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brittney & Morgan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Average Joe said...

Chad, you rock! Don't worry, Erica Durrance is waiting around the corner. I love you Chad! Gears of War forever

Rebekah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebekah said...

After receiving numerous comments, text messages, phone calls and emails about this post, I have decided that some things are private and should remain that way.

Chad is one of my very best friends, please respect that.

dre said...

Small little fact, Chad and I were set up by a friend/co-worker back in like 2007.

Super swell guy, enjoyed the date even if he did have a fresh sprained ankle. Didn't make it to a 2nd date because another guy snatched me up (then 3 months later dumped me).

Amy said...

Note to all you haters out there. Bekah adores Chad. They have been very good friends for many years and I've only heard wonderful complements about him from her. I think it was very brave of both of them to see if their friendship could ever be more; and even more brave of them to be completely honest about their feelings for each other (even if their are no romantic feelings). Good idea to just stay friends. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Oh, and I think it was completely hilarious of Chad to have Bekah post the fake "Creepy" date first. Jarred and I were laughing the whole time we were reading it.

Cameron's Corner said...

Looks like all the juicy stuff has been deleted. Crappy.