Friday, March 11, 2011

David Neville

Twice a year I have the opportunity to work at the Salt Lake Home Show at the South Towne Expo Center. I get to work on the kitchen stage with a bunch of different Chefs, and I absolutely love it! This year, Top Chef winner Yigit Pura is one of the featured Chefs. So if you're a fan, come on over to the Home Show to see him tonight. Yigit's presentation starts at 7:00, so come a little early to get a good seat. I'll be the one in the back ground smiling from ear to ear just because I'm so happy to be there.



Why does this pertain to my date with David? Since I was working at the Home Show last night, I told David we would have to do a dessert date. He was so great about it! I called David as I was leaving the Home Show and he asked if we could meet at Nielsen's for some frozen custard. Um . . . heck yes! Nielsen's is one of my all time favorites.



David walked through the door holding a gift bag. He gave me a hug and then said "happy birthday" as he handed me the bag. David bought me a birthday present! That is one of the sweetest things anyone has ever done for me on a first date. I can't believe how thoughtful and kind David is. And I don't just base this on the present. During the hour we spent together I could tell that this is just the kind of guy David is - thoughtful and caring.



David also has a pretty sensitive funny bone and last night, somebody whacked it hard! He couldn't stop laughing about the episode of Wipe Out he had just seen. His major case of the giggles had us laughing about all sorts of stuff. Something in particular was how our mutual friend, Dre, described me to David. She said that I was way into Sci-Fi and that I loved video games and I can't remember the third thing but it was something along the lines of "she's a big nerd." HA! This completely cracks me up! Dre and I have been friends for a while and now I'm wondering if she knows me at all. 1- I do like Sci-Fi, but I'm not obsessed. I like the appropriate amount of Sci-Fi that a normal person should like. 2- I actually detest video games! Probably because I'm just not good at them, but I like to tell people that I think they are soul suckers and should die a horrible death. 3- . . . I actually agree with. But only being correct about 1 of 3 facts about me to tell a guy I'm about to go out with - come on Dre! Ha ha ha.



Lucky for me, David still showed up when most would have run the other direction. Such a sweet guy! Hopefully, David knows that he can come straight to the source if he wants to learn more about me before our second date. :)


jk Dre! I still love you - thanks for setting me up with such a nice guy!

3 comments:

dre said...

I have no idea what you are talking about...

What was the present?

dre said...

ps i think this is a super cute picture of both of you.

Anna said...

husband says "dave is one of the best people i know."

keep up the good work sister! you are a freaking awesome dater!!