Saturday, March 5, 2011

Paul Henderson

It was 5:45pm and I was still chatting away with my boss at work when I suddenly looked at the clock and yelped a little bit. "Paul's going to pick me up at my house in 30 minutes!" I jumped out of my seat and ran to my car only to find a note from Paul plastered to my window. It said that we were going to do a "Choose Your Own Adventure Date." How flippin fun is that?!

The first thing Paul did when we got in his car was hand me 2 huge envelopes and he told me to choose one. Our first adventure couldn't have been more perfect, dinner at Sushi In Joy! Something you probably already know about me - I love food! More than that - I love sushi! I feel like Paul might have had an edge here because he already knew that Sushi In Joy is my new favorite sushi place. We laughed our way through 4 different delicious rolls and by the end of dinner we were ready to tweet about it. Paul's was the first date I felt comfortable tweeting on, probably because we were already friends.

Our next adventure was the Nickelcade where Paul kicked my butt at pretty much everything, including Dance Dance Revolution. Paul's got some seriously awesome moves! We had so much fun playing every game in sight and Paul was game for all of it. Even when I forced him to play Skee Ball with me for over an hour. We won so many tickets that we didn't know what to do with all of them. There are only so many licorice ropes you can buy.

The next leg of our Choose Your Own Adventure date was supposed to be frozen yogurt. However, we never made it there because we were having too much fun at the Nickelcade. We ended up driving back to my place where we chatted and laughed until I was too tired to move.

Paul and I have been casual friends for about 9 years now, and here's the funny thing, up until a few months ago I was extremely intimidated by him. Now, after getting to know him better I really can't remember why I was so intimidated. Paul is one of the kindest and most fun guys I have ever been around. I wonder what our next adventure will be if we choose to go on another date.

ps - If you'd like to follow me on the Twitter, please do. @beks30in30

2 comments:

Mark Rogers said...

Bekkkkkas!! Way to enjoy the cade!!! Nickelcade is where dreams come true!! And BT-Dub, Tootie Frooties are always a delicious choice for ticket expenditure. ;)

Vanessa said...

#teampaul :)