Thursday, March 17, 2011

Rick Price

Rick and I met last summer in the good ol' University 41st Ward. Rick is one of the most impressive guys I know. He really is the whole package - kind, attractive, intelligent, spiritual, athletic, charming, witty . . . etc. He's got it all.

Rick texted me the night before to see if we could go all out for St. Patty's Day. Of course I said Yes! We started the night by trying to get into Squatters Pub. Because that's what you do on St. Patty's Day, you go to pubs. However, the wait was going to be 45 minutes and the two chairs in the waiting area were already taken. So Rick and I walked over to PF Changs where were seated immediately.

We ordered a couple of dishes to share and we just talked and laughed throughout all of dinner. We compared our chopstick skills and I may or may not have geeked out a little bit when I was telling him about this documentary on sucker fish that I had watched a few weeks ago. The great thing about Rick is that he doesn't care if I geek out a little bit. In fact, I think he might just try find that documentary on Netflix. After all, it was fascinating.

Rick told me that we had two choices for our after dinner plans. Plan A was to go to a different pub where they had live Irish music, and Plan B was to catch a movie. We decided to shoot for Plan A first because, in case you forgot, that's what you do on St. Patty's Day, you go to pubs. :)

The line at Piper Down was a full block down the door. Rick and I walked to the back of it and he promised me that if we didn't move in five minutes, we could do Plan B. It was quite chilly outside and the line was moving at a glacial pace, so Rick started looking at movie times. There were a bunch of movies I had not seen yet, but I just didn't want to do that. I wanted to go to the pub. So Rick put his phone away and we soldiered through the long line by snuggling to keep warm.

I'm so glad we didn't give up on Plan A. We had so much fun! The band was awesome and both Rick and I were completely entertained by all of the people that got completely smashed. There was a little person dressed up as a Leprechaun giving out green beaded necklaces, a really tall man/woman who was just impossible to ignore and a bunch of men wearing kilts. The whole experience was just as fun as can be.

We ended the date by driving back to Ricks place and listening to a few songs by Dropkick Murphys. Best St. Patrick's Day Ever! I wonder if our second date would be as fun on a normal day. With how fun Rick is, how could it not be?!


7 comments:

katwalk said...

glad to know things are going so well. you did leave out one small detail....kiss I'm Irish...

Anonymous said...

So, I'm guessing with about one week left of first dates left, you have some of your picks for second dates. Are you going to have any kind of poll for viewer's favs?

Staci said...

Why, oh why, Bek's did you not get the leprechaun or the giant Mr/Mrs in the picture with you?

Uncle Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Uncle Scott said...

I'm curious if the final five dates will receive a mandatory KISS from this "30 in 30" genious, and will you share will your followers which of the five did you see fireworks???

Amy said...

Rick seems like a great guy. I hope he's on your short list. And you don't need to wait for him to kiss you. Get out of your comfort zone and plant one on him!

Amy said...

Oh and remember the pink man/woman that roams downtown? (I still have the pics on my phone that we took of him.) Maybe he/she changes it up and goes green for St. Patty's Day. Ha ha.